Thursday, March 25, 2010

DEALS GAP CLOSED!!!

Well, the title says it all. Deals Gap is closed for now at the Tennessee state line. Apparently, there was a rock slide on US 129 near the Foothills Parkway. The state(TN) decided that they weren't going to accept an offer from Swain or Graham county, I'm not sure which one, for assistance regarding EMS services on the Dragon. The Gov. of TN decided to shut down US129 all the way to the state line instead, and to pay for two Highway Patrolmen and two TNDOT workers to stand guard at the barricades. You have to love the government at work!

Anyway, I am not letting this ruin my trip to the area this weekend. I will still go to the motorcycle resort and support them. There are plenty of roads in NC to ride. This little snag isn't going to keep me away from one of my favorite places. I will blog after I return from my trip. Let's hope that this gets resolved, for everybody's sake.

Remember to always look on the bright side of life!

No comments: