Thursday, May 8, 2008

Vintage Leathers and 8,000 RPM

Good Lean, but still have to work on my form.


Don't worry I played nice!

This past weekend I went to The Dragon again! I love this place. I first met some folks in Bryson City and then rode on some other awesome roads in NC. We split up and then my solo adventure began. I rode to The Dragon via route 28. This road is ranked very highly on my awesome road list, and with a nickname like "Hellbender" you can figure out why. After thoroughly enjoying my warm up drive I arrived at the Resort.


Love those leathers!

I had some lunch at the Dragon's Den Grill and then made my first pass of the day. This was a great opportunity to really get the chance to break in my "new" old leathers. I got this set of leathers from work for a steal! The awesome part is that they were still in the original package. They are about ten years old! They fit great and will hopefully serve me well.



This is not where your motorcycle is supposed to be!!!



On my way back through I had to stop and help a rider who had the unfortunate experience of being bit by The Dragon. The rider was OK, but his bike definitely needed some work when he got home. Aside from that I had a great day of riding, and I got to watch Valentino Rossi win his first MotoGP race of the year on Sunday. What a blast.



This is usually the result!!!!

My next major event is my annual pilgrimage to Indianapolis for the Indy 500!! I can't wait! Stay tuned blog fans!