Tuesday, August 26, 2008

High Voltage!!!!

Shocking!!!!

First I just want to say what a crazy last three weeks!!! I am going to try to do a few blogs this week on everything that has happened in the last few weeks! The craziest adventure was my house getting struck by lightning! I'm not talking about a power surge, I mean it got STRUCK by lightning!!!! A billion volts right into the side of my house!!! The wildest part was we were inside when it happened! Talk about having the crap scared out of you! Mo and I were just minding our own business, chatting about the day, when BAM, the loudest bang I have ever heard happened. Then the house alarm was going off, and I had no way of shutting it off. Mo called 911 and the fire department came out to make sure we had no fire. All was clear.

It blew the light bulb clean out of the socket!!



The next day we were able to assess the damage and really see what lightning can do. It traveled all the way around the fascia of the house and fried our security lights, A/C (that's a whole other story!), phones, TV, and the biggest reason I haven't blogged, our Internet!! We finally got that back the other day!

BAM!!!


We are all fine and the house will be OK after some minor repairs! Life goes on and the adventure continues!!





No comments: